When moving to a new, unfamiliar city, the future of uncertainty can be daunting. What is the quality of life and cost of living there? What type of positions are available in my career field? What is the housing market like? In Lubbock, Texas you are free to live the life you imagine, start your family, and grow a business. Before making the leap, we have the information you need that will place Lubbock, Texas at the top of your list.
- As the hub of West Texas, Lubbock is proudly known as the “Hub City.” From health care, education and technology to retail, manufacturing and agriculture, our big city resources are effortlessly met with a small-town feel thanks to our remote location on the South Plains. Here, you will find southern, West Texas hospitality reigns king whether you are in the grocery store line or attending a Texas Tech University sporting event.
- Speaking of the Red Raiders, Lubbock is a college town through and through. If you aren’t already a collegiate sports fan, you will be soon. On game days our community bands together to celebrate and cheer on our favorite athletes at the Jones AT&T Stadium, United Supermarkets Arena or a local restaurant with the game playing on the big screen.
- The community support doesn’t end with our favorite team. Ask any local business owner and entrepreneur why small businesses flourish in a city of over 260,000 people and they will tell you it’s because of the people here. When a neighborhood shop opens its doors to the public, Lubbockites who make their way to purchase goods, enjoy a meal or share their experience are second to none. You will quickly find yourself immersed in the city solely due to the fact that when one citizen succeeds, we all succeed.
- Not only is Lubbock an incubator for talent and entrepreneurism, but what we do during our time outside of work matters as well. No where else is a commute from anywhere in the city under 25 minutes, while also boasting the necessary resources that are conducive to a fulfilled and exciting life after you clock out.
- The quality of life matched with a low cost of living makes building your American dream attainable. Realistically, Lubbock’s workforce is made up of a majority of millennials, further proving that those looking to jumpstart their career or start a family have the opportunity to do so in Lubbock. Here, your dollar goes farther. What may not have seemed possible in a larger metroplex is ready and available today!
In a city filled with parks for youngsters and dogs to run free, a lineup of restaurants so expansive you will never run out of new hotspots to try, outdoor recreation opportunities located right in our backyard and a nightlife with activities for all, there is never a dull moment here in the 806. Lubbock’s quality of life is unparalleled.
Over the past decade, Lubbock’s population has grown by 50%, making our favorite West Texas Town a growing city with a prosperous future. Get in on the action today by visiting lubbockeda.org to learn more about how to take your first steps to call Lubbock, Texas home.