- Texas Tech University is in the top 10 percent of schools for international students.
- Out of 204 cities OnlineDegrees.com lists Lubbock is #5 for Best Mid-Size Cities for New Graduates in 2018.
- CNBC put Lubbock on its list of cities with the best traffic with an average of only 10 hours per year.
- SmartAsset ranks Lubbock as the #4 City With the Best Work-Life Balance.
- MSN lists Lubbock as one of 17 places in America that are getting richer
- Lubbock is No. 10 on 2018 Best Cities to Raise a Family according to Zumper.
- Indeed.com. ranks Lubbock as the third best city in the nation for above-average employment opportunities and high projected growth.
- Veterans United lists Lubbock as #19 Best City for Veterans to Live in 2018!
- US News & World Report lists Texas Tech University as a top university for international students.
- A 2017 WalletHub study ranks Lubbock among US cities with the lowest amount of traffic.
- Lubbock is one of 17 places in America that are getting richer according to MSN.com.
- Out of the 100 largest cities in the country, Lubbock ranks No. 4 among Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance.
- Lubbock ranks No. 5 out of 204 cities on OnlineDegrees.com’s list of Best Mid-Size Cities for New Graduates in 2018.
- Lubbock ranks as one of WalletHub’s Top 15 Cities in America to Start a Business in 2017.
- Lubbock ranks as one of the Top 25 Cities in the U.S. For People Under 35 according to a 2017 Growella study published by CNBC.
- In 2017, WalletHub ranks Lubbock No. 16 on its 2017 list of the 150 Best Cities for Hispanic Entrepreneurs
- Out of 100 cities, Lubbock ranks 49 on Veterans United list of Best Cities for Veteran Homebuyers in 2017.
- Out of 200 cities, ValuePenguin ranks Lubbock as the 24th Best City for Small Business in the U.S. in 2017.
- Millennial Personal Finance ranks Lubbock 68th on its list of the Top 150 Cities for Millennials in 2017.
- Move.org ranks Lubbock as the 6th Best City for 20-Somethings in the U.S. in 2016.
- Lubbock ranks in the Top 15 for U.S. Metro Areas with the Fastest Growing Creative Sectors according to a report by Garner Economics LLC in 2016.
- Lubbock is the 15th Best City to Start a Business in 2016 according to WalletHub.
- In 2016, Safeco Insurance ranks Lubbock No. 1 on its list of the Top 10 U.S. Cities with the Shortest Commutes to Work.
- In 2015, Business.com ranks Lubbock No. 4 on its list of the 10 Best U.S. Cities to Get a Job.
- WalletHub ranks Lubbock as the No. 1 Most Recession-Recovered City in the U.S. in 2015.
- WalletHub named Lubbock the No. 10 Best City in the U.S. for Veterans in 2015.
- In June 2015, Fortune.com listed Lubbock as one of the Top 10 Cities to Find a Job in 2015.
- In February 2015, The Milken Institute ranked Lubbock 20th among the Top 25 Best Performing Cities in the United States.
- In 2015, Southern Business & Development Magazine features Lubbock as one of the “Ten Sizzling Mid-Market Economies in the South.”
- In January 2015, Business Insider ranks Lubbock No. 2 on its list of the Best Cities for Employment with a College Degree.
- Nerd Wallet ranks Lubbock 18th on its list of the Best Cities for Job Seekers in 2015.
- In 2014, Vocativ ranks Lubbock 15th on its list of Best Cities for People Under 35.
- In November 2014, Lubbock ranks 11th on NerdWallet’s list of the Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs to Start Small Businesses.
- In 2014, Global Trade Magazine ranks Lubbock as one of the top 10 cities in the nation for having the Best Skilled Workforce.
- In March 2014, Movoto ranks Lubbock as America’s Best City for Professional Women.
2013 & Before
- In August 2013, FindtheData.org and Yahoo! Finance rank Lubbock as one of the best and cheapest places to retire.
- Lubbock has the lowest utility costs in the nation. Click here for more info.
- America’s Promise Alliance ranks Lubbock as one of the top 100 Places for Young People in 2012.
- In 2012, Lubbock ranks 4th on America’s Promise Alliance’s list of Top 10 Best Hispanic Communities for Young People.
- Forbes ranks Lubbock’s cost of living 41st out of the 200 Best Metropolitan Areas in the Nation in 2009.
- In 2009, Children’s Health ranks Lubbock 35th on the list of the Best 100 Places to Raise Kids.
- Out of 200 large cities,The Milken Institute ranked Lubbock 16th for its 5-year High-Tech GDP growth from 2001 to 2009.